Thursday, March 5, 2015

Slide and Negative Comparison

I mentioned a while ago that my dad often shot with a slide film, but got it developed at a place where he get both slides and negatives back. This was a rare thing, usually most places would offer you one or the other, not both.
And I realize that to most of you under 30, the terms "film" and "slides" are meaningless. But that's another story.
A while ago I published a couple of photos by dad of the fountain in Centennial Square. That original post was scanned from slides. Recently, I discovered the negatives of the same shots. Now you can compare the two. I've done no tweaking to them; these are straight off the scanner. Both hold up pretty well for being 40 years old, but it does look to me like the slides' colour is starting to go a little to the pinkish side, something I found in a lot of dad's old slides.
Negative:
IMG_0005
Slide:
IMG_0038

Negative:
IMG_0004
Slide:
IMG_0039

No comments:

Post a Comment