Thursday, October 16, 2014

Then and Now: Rockies Road

In the summer of 1976, my dad rented a VW camper van and the two of us drove around southern BC and the Rockies. There's a chance that I might have taken this one; I held his camera while he was driving and was taking shots out the window. But we did stop to take shots, so it's hard to know which of us took which shots as that knowledge has passed into the misty murkiness of failing memories. Regardless, it was taken somewhere on the road between Jasper and Banff, somewhere near the Columbia Icefield. What I love about this picture is the curving of the layers of rock. Can you imagine the force needed to bend those layers over time? Wow.
IMG_0076
Clearly, this mountain made an impression on me, as in 2013 I took a new picture of the same mountain. IMG_0176

No comments:

Post a Comment