Thursday, March 27, 2014

Camera Club Girls



My dad was a member of a camera club in Montreal 1960s. I wonder what sort of craziness happened at camera club meetings in the Swinging Sixties. Probably the same thing that happens at most club meetings now: spend five minutes approving the last meeting's minutes, then spend the rest of the time talking about girls. But at least at the camera club, girls actually showed up...and here's the photographic evidence to prove it. Interestingly, all these shots were on a single negative strip, and no other shots seem to have been taken at the meeting. This, of course, highlights the difference between shooting on film then and shooting digitally now, and how every shot on film will cost you money just to see if it worked out. If I was at the meeting with my modern camera, I'd be shooting dozens if not hundreds of shots, and all of them free. IMG_0071 IMG_0070 IMG_0069 IMG_0074 IMG_0073 IMG_0072

No comments:

Post a Comment